Amateur FA has selected seven local recipients of The FA and McDonald’s Grassroots Football Awards 2018.
The Grassroots Football Awards, known previously as The FA and McDonalds Community Awards, recognise and celebrate the work of individuals and groups to instill The FA’s PRIDE values – Progressive, Respectful, Inclusive, Determination and Excellent – and make a positive difference in their club, league or local community.
Following receipt of a record 2,904 nominations, The FA has worked alongside respective County FAs to select appropriate winners across several categories. The full list of Amateur FA Grassroots Football Awards 2018 winners are:
• Charter Standard Club of the Year: Dorkinian FC
• Charter Standard League of the Year: Southern Amateur Football League
• Grounds Team of the Year: Globe Rangers
• Match Official of the Year: Matt Smith
• Volunteer of the Year: Lisa Sparkes - Kew Association FC
• Youth Volunteer of the Year: Kiki Bustos - Goldsmiths University
• Coach of the Year: Luke Graham - Old Meadonians
Greg Clarke, Chairman of The FA, said: "It’s been fantastic to see a record number of nominations for this year’s Grassroots Football Awards and hear so many stories of dedication and commitment throughout the grassroots game.
"The selection of winners chosen alongside Amateur FA represents the diverse nature of football in this country and I would like to congratulate each and every one for their inspirational work."
On 9 July, The FA’s National Panel will meet to select national winners from the pool of County FA recipients and they will be formally announced at the 2018 FA Community Shield on 5 August.
To learn more about The FA and McDonald’s Grassroots Football Awards 2018, visit TheFA.com.