DON'T PUT THOSE BOOTS AWAY JUST YET...
If you thought your football career was over, think again!
Aimed at over 50s, Walking Football is a relatively new format of the game which has increased in popularity over the past 12 months.
It is an activity that gives those that had previously given up playing the chance to get back into the sport they love by playing a slower paced and less physical version of the game.
Walking Football carries all the same rules as everyday football, except you can’t pick up too much speed. It provides a sociable, fun and safe environment for those looking to be a little more active in their spare time.
• Players are encouraged to avoid sprinting, running or jogging while the ball is in play
• Anyone doing so is penalised with a free kick awarded to the other team
• If the ball goes off the pitch over the touchline, the game is restarted via a kick, roll or throw-in (to allow for different physical capabilities)
• It can be played indoors or outdoors
• Numbers per team are dependent on the number of participants at each session
• No pitch size/surface constraints - dependent on venue
• Variations and game adaptations can be made to suit participants’ needs and capabilities
To find out where your nearest Walking Football session takes place, please contact our Football Development Officer, Bob Leeds.