Become a Referee
Thinking of becoming a referee?
- Refereeing is a great way to be involved in football
- There are opportunities for everyone
- Remain active in the game following injury or retirement
- Make new and lasting friends within the game
- Play a huge role in ensuring the players enjoy their match day experience
Development & Courses
At the AFA we offer a number of referee development opportunities throughout the year for officials at all stages of their journey; from those looking to become qualified referees to those climbing the promotion ladder.
There's plenty of opportunities on offer, so if you're unsure what step you should take feel free to contact John Monk on John.Monk@Amateur-FA.com or 020 8733 2613.
Every referee starts out at the bottom of a ladder, looking to learn and develop their skills throughout their refereeing career. Most are looking for promotion, some with modest targets; some perhaps even with the hope of eventually refereeing in a World Cup Final.