National Refereeing Strategy
The FA National Referee Strategy and DNA
The FA National Referee Strategy
The FA National Referee Strategy (NRS) sets out the organisational blueprint of the key principles, frameworks and structures for referee recruitment, retention and development.
The NRS demonstrates The FA’s commitment to maximising the opportunities for inclusion, participation and development at all levels of the refereeing pyramid across a range of roles in refereeing. Refereeing at all levels will benefit from a NRS consisting of eight strands:
- The DNA of English refereeing
- The Structure of English refereeing
- National Referee Curriculum (NRC)
- Recruitment and Retention
- Participation and Coverage
- Development Pathways and Opportunities
- Governance and Administration
- Raising the profile of English refereeing
A digital version of the NRS can be found by clicking here.
The DNA of English Refereeing
The DNA of English refereeing consists of seven core values which underpin all aspects of English refereeing and are all required for success to be achieved, on and off the field: