DEBT RECOVERY - KNOW THE FACTS
The Amateur FA will give assistance with the recovery of debts subject to the following criteria:
• It is a valid debt. Football debts are defined as those costs arising directly from football activity, and as such would include disciplinary costs (e.g. fines), match costs (e.g. match fees) and playing expenses (e.g. pitch hire). Incidental costs (e.g. fund-raising activities, club subscriptions) do not fall within the scope of Football Debt Recovery.
For example, the following would be a valid debt which would fall under the debt recovery procedures:
- Fines from discipline cases (cautions, dismissals, misconduct charges)
- Match fees
The following would not be a valid debt:
- Club subscriptions/Signing on fees/Internal club fines
- Lottery or any other fundraising schemes
- End of season trip costs
• Genuine efforts have been made to recover the debt
• Copies of correspondence should be attached
• The County Association should be approached as soon as it is clear there is a problem. In all cases this must be within 28 days of formal payment being requested and 112 days of the debt being incurred. The creditor must pay the County FA an admin fee of £25 per debt to be recovered when submitting a claim. This will be added to the total debt being claimed and will be refunded upon the monies owed being received from the Participants.
• There is no longer any alternative for recovering this debt
Please be advised that the completion of the form below will mean that the debtor will be served 21 days notice that if payment is not received they will be suspended from ALL football until the debt is cleared.