Please find below details of upcoming coaching CPD and club & league workshops.
If you are interested in attending any of our open coaching CPD events, please complete this form to be notified of any future workshops.
If you are female or non-binary, please join the London Female Coaching Group. Sign up here to be notified of upcoming events and opportunities.
London Female Coaching Group CPD - linking practice design and competition
This workshop will look at linking practice design and competition (matchday). It will cover:
- what do positive coaching behaviours look like and how this links to matchday
- the trade-off between repetition and realism in practice to prepare players for matchday
- identifying some simple strategies to personalise players’ practice and matchday experiences to challenge and motivate them appropriately
- supporting players learning and skill development
Date: Thursday 27th October 2022
Time: 7.30pm - 9.30pm
Venue: Arsenal Hub (adjacent to Emirates Stadium), 56 Benwell Road, London N7 7BA
This will count towards two hours of CPD.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Creating Positive Mental Health
Throughout season 23/23, we will be working with Orange Ball to support our members to create a positive culture of Mental Health by taking a Mental Fitness approach to Mental Health, Wellbeing, and Performance. The programme is grounded in evidence based practice from Positive, Performance and Coaching Psychology.
- Develop their knowledge and understanding of positive mental health and mental fitness
- Understand the impact mental fitness has on wellbeing and performance
- Learn to implement mental fitness strategies for themselves and for others
- Create a positive culture of mental health
There will be four workshops.
Monday 3rd October 2022 (7pm-9pm) - Being a Transformational Leader. Creating a culture of mental fitness for wellbeing
Wednesday 7th December 2022 (7pm-9pm) - Cultivating a Dynamic Mindset for positive mental health
Tuesday 7th February 2023 (7pm-9pm) - Managing difficult thoughts and emotions
Monday 17th April 2023 (7pm-9pm) - Promoting Character Strengths + Resilience for wellbeing
It is intended for each workshop to be held face to face, however please indicate on the form your preference.
The venue for Monday 3rd October will be Arsenal Hub, 56 Benwell Road, London N7 7BA
Volunteer Development Workshop
Clubs often find themselves short of volunteers. The way that people volunteer and the time they have to give is not the same as it used to be. Ensuring volunteers feel recognised, rewarded and part of the team is essential.
- Develop a positive culture of volunteering within a club environment
- Identify how to develop the volunteer’s experience
- Identify top tips in recruiting, retaining and rewarding volunteers
- Develop an action plan to improve their club volunteer experience
- Understand how to access further information to help improve the volunteer experience
Date: Monday 31st October 2022
Time: 7pm (it will last no longer than two hours)
Where: online (you will be sent a link to join the morning of the workshop)
If you have any questions, please contact us on email@example.com
sign up here