CPD Events and Club Workshops
Please find below details of upcoming coaching CPD and club & league workshops.
If you are interested in attending any of our open coaching CPD events, please complete this form to be notified of any future workshops.
If you are female or non-binary, please join the London Female Coaching Group. Sign up here to be notified of upcoming events and opportunities.
Creating Positive Mental Health
Throughout season 23/23, we will be working with Orange Ball to support our members to create a positive culture of Mental Health by taking a Mental Fitness approach to Mental Health, Wellbeing, and Performance. The programme is grounded in evidence based practice from Positive, Performance and Coaching Psychology.
- Develop their knowledge and understanding of positive mental health and mental fitness
- Understand the impact mental fitness has on wellbeing and performance
- Learn to implement mental fitness strategies for themselves and for others
- Create a positive culture of mental health
Monday 17th April 2023 (7pm-9pm) - Promoting Character Strengths & Resilience for wellbeing: taking place online.
London Female Coaching Group Workshops
Developing Skilful Players (attacking)
This CPD will explore what it takes to develop skilful players, looking specifically at attacking play.
When: Tuesday 18th April 2023
Where: Alleyn's School, Townley Road, London SE22 8SU
Skills and Tactical Understanding
Join us at the Capital Women's Senior Cup Final, where FA tutors will support a live matchday observation looking at Skills and Tactical Understanding. The workshop aims to enhance coaches:
- Understanding of what skill might look like in the female game
- Observation and analysis of skilful performance
- Appreciation of individual and team tactics
When: Wednesday 26th April 2023
Where: CB Hounslow Sports Club, Green Lane, London TW4 6DH
This CPD will look at training your goalkeeper and how to incorporate the GK into training sessions.
When: Thursday 4th May 2023
Where: Market Road Football Pitches, Market Road, London N7 9PL
register here for workshops
Coaching Adult Grassroot Football
We are launching a CPD specifically aimed at those who lead a team in adult grassroots football.
The CPD will be split into two separate workshops; on the pitch and off the pitch.
On-pitch will look at ‘How We Coach’ and ‘How We Play’, including sessions to engage all players and different systems of play. The off-pitch offer will consider ‘How We Coach’ and ‘How We Support’, covering topics such as coaching philosophy and matchday administration.
On completion of the CPD, participants will have a greater understanding of how to manage their grassroots adult team, challenging themselves to consider how they can adapt and apply their knowledge effectively to the adult players they work with; in addition to the impact their own behaviour has upon their players as well as their development.
- Prepare you with support in the delivery of grassroots, adult football
- Provide you with the skills and knowledge to manage, organise and coach and adult grassroots football team
- Make you consider how you can adapt and apply knowledge effectively with those you work with
- Develop technical and tactical knowledge of the game
The CPD is designed for those who are either looking to become, or are already actively involved, in the management, organisation and coaching of competitive, recreational, grassroots adult football teams. This could be as a manager, coach, or captain.
On the Pitch Workshop: Monday 27th February (6.30pm-9.30pm)
Off the Pitch Workshop: Monday 24th April (6.30pm-9.30pm)
Venue: Arsenal Hub, 56 Benwell Road, London N7 7BA