The FA has launched an £8 million commitment to improve natural turf (grass) football pitches across the country. Over four years, The FA will implement the pitch improvement programme (PIP) which will deliver improvements to more than 2,000 pitches – a central pillar of organisations’s 2015 – 19 Strategy for Participation and Development.
PIP will provide a range of support services to grassroots clubs, club volunteers and groundsmen including on-site evaluations with practical advise and recommendations. It will also include a range of measure to help develop the skills and knowledge of volunteers and groundsmen including seminars and workshops. In partnership with Sport England and other governing bodies, the FA has also developed a dedicated website – www.groundsmanship.co.uk where details of how clubs can access help can be found.
As part of the Grass Pitch Improvement Programme (PIP), Amateur FA is offering:
• Two visits to your facility to inspect all pitches from our Regional Pitch Advsior. (One pre pitch improvement work and one post pitch improvement work)
• Advice on how to improve and maintain pitches
• Access and support to Football Foundation grant funding,
• Support from Football Foundation technical advisors for facility development
• Support from your local Football Development Officer for all football participation and developments within your club or local area.
• Free access to Pitch Maintenance Training provided by the Regional Pitch Advisor
All of this support is available for a small cost outlined below:
1. Charter Standard Club = £70
2. Club / Other Organisation = £100
Please submit your expression of interest form and we will be back in touch along with our Regional Pitch Advisor to organise your visit and payment.
For more information please contact Samantha.email@example.com