The AFA will be holding an event looking at safeguarding and mental health awareness within open age clubs.
The evening will look at and include workshops on:
- Best practice for working with 16/17 year olds – joining an open age clubs can sometimes be intimidating for a young person. find out how best to support them
- Mental Health and supporting players – Did you know 1 in 4 people will experience mental health issue in their lifetime? Learn how to better support your club member
- Creating a safer environment for all – For many people football is a form of escapism, find out how you can create a safe and fun environment for all.
- Adults at Risk - Vulnerable adults and those with disabilities need support too
- FA Courses and qualifications – Find out how to keep your qualifications up to date and more about the courses the AFA have to offer.
Guest speakers on the night will include Luis Mackness, who is an ambassador for mental health charity CALM.
Where: Arsenal Hub , 56 Benwell Road, London N7 7BA
When: Tuesday 29 October 2019 7 pm – 9.30 pm
FREE (which includes entry into a raffle draw)
All attendees are eligible for 20% off two of the following AFA courses; level one coaching course, safeguarding workshop or emergency aid workshop.
All attendees are also eligible for £10 off an AFA Welfare Officer Workshop.
For further information, please contact Sarah Robinson on email@example.com
Book your place