AFA is a football affiliated association sanctioned by The Football Association.
We are committed to making the game of football as safe and enjoyable as possible for all. AFA works closely with The FA, the game’s governing body in order to ensure that all standards are met. AFA is committed to robust corporate governance and is taking the necessary steps to ensure that we are awarded The FA Corporate Code of Good Governance. Ensuring our directors best represent our many clubs and members are of paramount importance. We are committed to diversity of both skills and experiences and as such are now seeking to appoint our next INED to our Board.
AFA actively encourages applications from a BAME background and are looking to address the gender balance on our board.
The ideal candidate will possess a passion for sport and be able to demonstrate strong senior commercial experience. Key skills and experience required:
- Senior business leadership experience gained in private, public or voluntary sector
- Experience of strategic planning, organisation change
- Knowledge of funding models and opportunities
- Knowledge of branding and the importance of digital and media footprint
- Demonstrate a good understanding of governance and independence
- An ability to demonstrate the ability to work collegiately working in the best interests of the AFA, its clubs and stakeholders it represents
- Understanding of not for profit organisations
The successful applicant will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer to ensure AFA at all times acts in accordance and keeping with The FA’s National Game Strategy and Safeguarding Operating Standards. AFAs current corporate strategy runs from 2018 – 2021. The successful applicant will be required to support our CEO in preparing for the corporate strategy, commencing 2021.
The successful applicant will be required to attend board meetings approximately every 6 to eight weeks, currently held online.
This is a voluntary role however, reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be met by AFA.
If you have the relevant experience and you feel that you can fulfil this role, please send an up to date CV and a covering letter explaining why you are applying and how you meet the criteria to Anthony Julien, Chair of the AFA on email@example.com by 24th October 2020.