Amateur FA Inclusion Advisory Group: Members Wanted
The Amateur FA is looking for members to join their Inclusion Advisory Group (IAG).
The IAG is key in promoting football for everyone and enables the Amateur FA to increase awareness, understanding and knowledge of inclusion, equality and diversity, so that we will better meet the needs of all our communities who take part in football and ultimately our business.
The IAG will be made up of representatives from across grassroots football with knowledge and experience of specific aspects of equality, diversity and inclusion such as:
- gender equality (not the development of women's football)
- disability equality (not the development of disability football)
- mental health
- faith communities
The role of the IAG is to:
- Advance equality of opportunity amongst all our football communities
- Foster good relationships with and between all our football communities
- Clarify regulations and sanctions related to discriminatory behaviour
- Enable transparency and confidence when dealing with matters related to discriminatory behaviour
- Advise the Amateur FA board
In doing so we aim to:
- Bring a diverse perspective to the AFA
- Set clear targets within our county plan to ensure we meet the needs of the whole of our football community
- Support community engagement, consultations, development programs and disciplinary procedures
- Act as ambassadors for the AFA in our football communities
- Identify any equality issues, support the identification and delivery of solutions
- Promote and encourage the benefits of addressing equality issues within the football community
- Identify key issues and trends that will promote the growth of the game through inclusion and diversity interventions
- Promote inclusion and diversity in football
- Devise, monitor and evaluate CFA secondary key performance indicators for inclusion and diversity
Expectations of IAG members
- Uphold the values of the IAG
- Be passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Be prepared to lead pieces of work across the season and dedicate the time to attend meetings, events and other IAG activities
- Meet a minimum of four times a year
For further information, please click on the IAG member application pack below or contact Samantha Brown on firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 8733 2613 option 4.
iag application pack
The deadline for applications is 31st October 2021 at midnight.