Affiliation Requirements for the 2023/24 season
Affiliation will be completed via the Club Portal for the 23/24 season. The affiliation window opens in June.
To get yourself and your club ready please familiarise yourself with what’s required. All the key information you need regarding affiliation can be found below.
Public Liability Insurance
All clubs are required to have Public Liability Insurance covering the club for the upcoming year. This must be a minimum of £10 million pounds. You can buy this through us during the affiliation process, more details to follow.
It is a requirement for clubs to state their main home ground. You can do this ahead of affiliation through the ‘My Club’ tab. You can find guidance on how to complete this here.
Clubs are required to state their key officials. You can find guidance on how to add your key officials here.
Every club will be required to accept a Safeguarding Declaration.
Personal Accident Insurance
All teams are required to have Personal Accident Insurance. You can buy this through us during the affiliation process, more details to follow.
Team Ground (new requirement!)
It is a requirement for teams to state their main home ground. You can do this ahead of affiliation through the ‘My Club’ tab. You can find guidance on how to complete this here.
Named Manager or Coach
Every team must have a minimum of one Manager or Coach. This can be completed ahead of affiliation through the ‘Officials’ tab. You can find guidance here.
Welfare Officer (new requirement!)
Clubs with adult teams require a named ‘Welfare Officer (Adult Teams)’. For the 2023/2024 season, no qualifications are required for this role.
Clubs with adult disability teams
Require a named ‘Welfare Officer (Adult Disability Teams)’. The free Safeguarding Adults Course will be required for this role.
Get Ready For Affiliation Now
Before affiliation opens, all clubs should:
- Familiarise with using the Club Portal to process your club admin (apart from processing discipline)
- Create any new teams ready for when affiliation opens
- Ensure all outstanding invoices from this season are paid. You will not be able to complete your affiliation without these being paid.
- Ensure all player suspensions from last season have been assigned fixtures (unless the suspension is carrying over to next season). If you need any help, please click here or contact email@example.com
- Once you have finished your season, we strongly encourage all clubs to access their Club Portal and detach any players that are no longer part of your club.
For further information on the affiliation changes, please click the button below.
fa grassroots technology page
We are here to help. If you have any questions or need some advice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of staff will be happy to assist you.