We're dedicated to supporting and developing all referees to fulfil their aims and achieve their potential.
That's why regardless of whether you want to referee on a Sunday or dream of taking charge of an FA Cup Final at Wembley, we have the development opportunities to help you achieve your goals. Explore this section to learn more about the training and development opportunities available to you.
We run Development Days are available for all our Referees. Similar to the In-Service training a number of drills are delivered by FA Referee Tutors and topics covered with the aim of ensuring all referees are comfortable with every aspect of officiating.
The Amateur FA Development Group are a great way for young referees to gain knowledge, experience and techniques to aid their refereeing careers.
Cup Final Evening
Cup Final evening is a chance for officials that have been appointed to Amateur FA Cup Finals to meet their colleagues and take part in a number of scenarios aimed at making sure they are ready for their final. The evenings usually involve a Guest Speaker and are also a good chance for referees to share best practice and exchange previous cup final experiences.
In-Service Training for Promotion Candidates
This day is for people progressing through the promotion ladder, the day consists of a Laws of the Game exam, Practical Training Sessions, Technical indoor training sessions and questions and answers from experienced referees.
Other Development Opportunities we provide are listed below:
• Numerous Basic FA Referee Training Courses annually around London
• Monthly Newsletter with updates from the County FA
• Monthly Laws of the Game quizzes
• One-to-one observations feedback and reports for those who apply for the promotion scheme (which is open to all referees), and others if resources allow
• Online Education through Hive Learning
• Free membership to the RA for all new referees from our referee course
• Referee Observer and Mentor Courses
• CPD training for referees (Practical and Theory)
For further information about any of these opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8733 2613.