Having already established 200 SSE Wildcats Centres in 2017, The FA and SSE are now creating a further 800 Centres across England in 2018.
The Centres are a key part of The FA’s commitment to doubling Women’s and Girls’ football participation by 2020.
From Friday 1 December 2017, grassroots clubs, organisations and community groups will have the opportunity to apply to become an SSE Wildcats Football Centre, delivering football for 5-11 year old females in London and Greater London, through the Amateur FA.
What is an SSE Wildcats Centre?
An SSE Wildcats Centre is an opportunity for girls aged 5-11 to have fun, develop fundamental skills, try a variety of sessions and lay the foundations for a lifelong love of sport. Sessions are delivered by qualified coaches on a weekly basis, either after school or at weekends.
For those participating, the aim is simple; have fun, make friends and play football.
What do Centres need to apply?
• In the first instance, you need to make contact with AFA Football Development Officer, Samantha Brown, via Samantha.Brown@Amateur-FA.com or 020 8733 2613
• SSE Wildcats Centre must run for a minimum of 16 weeks during the spring/summer of 2018
• SSE Wildcats Centres must also demonstrate how they plan on attracting a minimum of 30 girls each week, and how the activity will be sustained post funding
• All organisations receive £900 start-up grant and 30 Nike footballs
• All SSE Wildcats Centres must complete registers at each session and upload them to the online system on a weekly basis. This is a crucial part of the funding criteria; failure to upload registers may result in the funding being withdrawn
• Participants should reflect the diversity of the population of the local area and organisations should be inclusive of disabled participants
• Any organisation that meets the SSE Wildcats Centre criteria can apply
|Application window opens
|1st December 2017
|Application window closes
|8th January 2018
|Successful Organisations notified
|1st February 2018
|SSE Wildcats Centre Training
|February & March 2018
|National, Regional & Local marketing
|February & March 2018
|SSE Wildcats Centre start date
|W/C 9th April 2018
|FA Girls’ Football Week
|23rd -29th April 2018
For further information, including the criteria, funding, training and support provided, please download the guidance by CLICKING HERE
To complete a Wildcats expression of interest form, please CLICK HERE