Safer Internet Day 2019
We are Supporting Safer Internet Day 2019
Safer Internet Day 2019 will be celebrated globally on Tuesday 5th February and we are supporting the day!
Coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre the celebration sees hundreds of organisations get involved and join a national conversation about using technology responsibly, respectfully, critically and creatively.
The day offers the opportunity to highlight positive uses of technology and to explore the role we all play in helping to create a better and safer online community.
UK Safer Internet Centre
The UK Safer Internet Centre is a partnership of three leading charities – Childnet International, the Internet Watch Foundation and South West Grid for Learning, (SWGfL) - with a shared mission to make the internet a better place for children and young people.
The UK Safer Internet Centre delivers a wide range of activity to promote the safe and responsible use of technology by children and young people:
- coordinates Safer Internet Day in the UK, reaching millions every year. In 2018 Safer Internet Day reached 45 of young people and 30% of parents in the UK.
- founded and operates an online safety helpline for professionals working with children in the UK, including teachers, police officers, GPs and more
- operates the UK’s hotline for reporting online child sexual abuse imagery
- develops new advice and educational resources for children, parents and carers and teachers to meet emerging trends in the fast-changing online environment
- delivers education sessions for children, parents, carers, teachers and the wider children’s workforce, including free events across the UK
- trains children and young people to be peer educators and champions for the safe and positive use of technology
- shapes policy at school, industry and government level, both in the UK and internationally, and facilitates youth panels to give young people a voice on these issues.