Affiliation Season 22/23
We are pleased to announce that the Amateur FA Affiliation Portal for the 2022/2023 season will open on Whole Game System on Tuesday 1st June 2022.
The deadline for affiliations is 12th August 2022. We have canvassed opinion from leagues to decide on this date. Any affiliation after this date will be subject to a late affiliation fee (NB. this is not relevant for University, Medical School and Further Education clubs).
If you have any further queries once you’ve read this document, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All the key information you need regarding affiliation can be found below. Please read through it carefully.
Before starting the affiliation process:
- Ensure all outstanding invoices are paid. We will not approve your affiliation without these being paid.
- Ensure all player suspensions from 21/22 season have been assigned fixtures (unless the suspension is carrying over to next season). Use the drop-down menu on the Whole Game System to access previous seasons:
If you need any help, contact email@example.com
Please check if you have any credit notes on your balances, these can be used to pay or part pay towards affiliation! You can see if you have any credit notes in Invoices on your Whole Game System.
Once you have finished your 21/22 season, we strongly encourage all clubs to access their Club Portal account and detach any players that are no longer part of your club. Any questions or support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Affiliation 22/23 Information
Adult/open age clubs with U18 players:
• For the 2022/23 season, it is mandatory that all adult clubs whereby there is at least 1 player under the age of 18 registered to play, has an appointed Club Welfare Officer who has completed the Welfare Officer Course, has an in-date FA DBS and completed the FA ‘Safeguarding Children’ course. Please make sure your coach/manager/captain who is responsible for the team(s) that your under 18 players participate within have an in-date FA DBS and have completed the FA ‘Safeguarding Children’ course.
• If a club fails to meet the necessary requirements, those teams impacted will not be affiliated, until such time as the criteria has been met.
• Committee members at a club with any under 18 players should complete the FA’s Safeguarding for Committee Members online course
Where to access the safeguarding training?
• All safeguarding courses are to be completed online, and the list of courses can be found here.
• If you already have a Safeguarding for Children qualification but it has expired you can recertify online.
Please see our Safeguarding page on the Amateur FA website for further information on all things Safeguarding.
Information on safeguarding in open age football can be found here.
If you have any further questions about safeguarding, please contact our Designated Safeguarding Officer, Dy Sappleton on Dyahanne.Sappleton@amateur-fa.com
Personal Accident and Public Liability Insurance are mandatory for all clubs. Personal Accident is required per team and Public Liability per club. All Clubs must have Public Liability cover of at least ten million pounds (£10,000,000).
A reminder that now both Public Liability Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance can be purchased through the affiliation portal at stage 6. This will be through our recommended providers Sportsguard.
The price for Public Liability insurance price remains the same as last season, Personal Accident insurance prices have returned to pre-covid pandemic levels.
download the sportsguard club brochure
As ever, clubs may obtain insurance from their own preferred insurer, subject to the minimum requirements under FA regulations.
11 v 11 football - £53.00 per club
Small sided football - £20.00 per club
11 vs 11 football - £39.00 per team
Small sided football - £6.00 per team
Amateur FA County Cup entry will be £26.00 per cup. Clubs will receive further separate communication regarding County Cups in due course.
Player registration opens on Wednesday 6th July 2022 and should be done via the club and league portal.
player registration training video
You can access the player registration club portal through with your Whole Game System login.
England Football Accreditation is for clubs which are proud in creating the ideal environments to nurture players, coaches, and volunteers. Free to obtain, the Accreditation comes with benefits to those who both obtain and subsequently retain their status. Discover more and apply here.
Logging in to the Whole Game System:
access wgs here
If you don’t know your password, please use - https://www.thefa.com/account/RequestPasswordReset
watch a step by step process of affiliation
Find out how to get the most out of the Whole Game System, with The FA’s Knowledge Hub.